Golden Retrievals is completely staffed by volunteers and without that dedication and kindness, there is no Rescue.
There are many opportunities to help and below is a partial list of ways to give Goldens the support they deserve, so please complete our application and volunteer release form.
- Adoption – Adopt one of our beautiful golden retrievers and make both your lives better!
- Fostering – Open your home and your heart to one of our Goldens in need by providing the daily care, security and love that these special dogs deserve.
- Home Visits – Visit the homes of prospective adopters nearby to observe, interview and understand the preferences of the applicants to see if the family is a good match for one of our Goldens.
- Transporting dogs – Help safely bring Goldens to our facility, whether from private owners or shelters, by generously using your own vehicle and making them feel comfortable during the trip.
- Fundraising – Contribute to our fundraising efforts by helping to plan, coordinate and work at events, as well as by identifying other opportunities to gain support for Golden Retrievals.
- Checking shelter websites for Goldens – Watch the Web sites of animal shelters to help find Goldens in need of our special care.
- Following up with recent adopters – Check in on our placements to help new adopters with any issues during the transition time, as well as to observe whether the home is a good fit for the Golden.
- Special events – Participate in our special events to help increase awareness for Golden Retrievals and promote responsible dog ownership.
- Marketing & PR – Spread the word about Golden Retrievals by helping create, organize and distribute marketing materials throughout the community, in addition to seeking out public relations opportunities to promote the organization.
- Education & outreach – Teach the community about these special dogs and the need for responsible, loving ownership while increasing awareness about the organization's mission and services.
- Intakes & adoptions – Monitor requests for our intake services, work with the surrendering family to help ease the intake process, and provide support to adopters throughout the transition.